Students Eligibility Criteria
All Students are eligible who are studying in public sector Universities and Degree Awarding Institutes and sub campuses that are recognized by the higher education commission. The applicant must have a valid CNIC and B-Form number.
The students have to meet certain criteria, which consist of academic performance, financial need, and enrollment in recognized educational institutions.
- All Students are eligible who studying in public sector Universities and Institutes duly recognized by HEC
- Students who enrolled in Ph.D./ MS and MPhil or equivalent 18-year programs.
- Students who enrolled in a 4-year or 5-year bachelor’s degree program
- MBA Program students 3.5 years, 2.5 years, and 1.5 years s
A few students are not eligible under this scheme:
- This scheme is not any private sector higher education institute (HEI).
- Those Students who have already received a laptop are not eligible.
- Distance learning universities and institutes are not allowed for laptop scheme
Student Selection Process
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) or the provincial education departments has the right to selection.
- The students have to apply online through the HEC online portal.
- The Focal Person of the relevant department will verify the student’s data for example Name, CNIC, Department, Degree Level, CGPA, etc.
- In case of Any discrepancy found in the student’s data then it will be amended.
- Each Institute will be given their laptops based on merit criteria.
- After the deadline for verification from HEC has expired the automated process will run on the System to generate merit lists for each University by HEC.
- Then HEC will share the provisional merit list Every Institute will display the final merit list on their Notice board and Website.
- Final Merit Lists will be published on an online portal and every student can see these merit list
Distribution Process of Laptops
Laptops will be purely distributed on a merit basis. The distribution of laptops is done through a centralized system. The laptops will be distributed through designated distribution centers that are organized by the government.
Prime Minister Laptop Scheme registration last date
Now you can submit your applications by June 20 and complete the registration process.
The closing date of registration is 20 June 2023
HOW TO APPLY?
Eligible Students can Apply Online and can be Registered. Students can also apply through a web portal or through Mobile App. Here is a link to the website Pm Laptop Scheme
In case of any feedback and complaints and if you obtain further information or queries, please contact the following contacts:
- Email address:
- Complain numbers:
051-111-119-432 / 0334 111 9432
- Address :
Higher Education Commission, Sector H9 Building Islamabad, Pakistan
Background of Laptop Scheme
The Prime Minister Laptop Scheme (PMLS) was launched in 2013 under the administration of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. The government of Pakistan Aims to provide laptops to talented and deserving students across the country and meet their educational needs.
The government would relaunch the laptop scheme. The Prime Minister Said in a press conference that 100,000 laptops will be provided to the youth under the scheme. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced that the deadline for the Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Scheme is June 20.
Also Read: 8171 check online 2023
What is PM laptop scheme?
Prime Minister laptop scheme is introduced to enhance the educational opportunities for students by providing them with access to modern and digital technology to reduce unemployment. Its aim was not only to equip the students with modern and digital technology but also to equip them by providing appropriate skills so that they can become skillful in the future.
Almost 500,000 laptops have been successfully distributed through an organized online system across public sector universities and technical colleges including Federal and FATA colleges.
Objectives of the Laptop Scheme 2023
Computers are most important for future development.
- To promote youth to information and communication technologies (ICTs).
- To improve the quality of science and technology education.
- Increase productivity and efficiency by providing IT technologies and reduce unemployment
- Help the students and equip them with skills and facilities.
- To create job opportunities for youths.
Today’s era is the age of modern technology, the world has become a global village because of the internet. A laptop has now become a necessity for every student to assist in their research and literacy.