PTA Code 668
The 668 is an SMS service that is provided by PTA. Simply you have to send a blank SMS to 668 to check the SIMs registered against your CNIC.
How the SIM Information System (668) Works
The SIM Information System (SIS) or 668 is a service provided by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to help mobile phone users in Pakistan. The SIM Information System 668 is used to check How many SIMs are registered against a Computerized National Identity Card? The shortcode “668” is used for the SIM Information System (SIS) service provided by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA).
It allows users to check sim information and the number of SIMs registered against their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or a specific mobile number.
Checking SIMs registered against your CNIC
How to check sims on CNIC PTA has launched this code to facilitate people so that they can check their total number of SIM cards through this code.
668 is an SMS service. you will receive information about the total number of SIMs registered against your CNIC for each mobile operator in Pakistan for example, Mobilink, Telenor, Zong, Ufone, etc.
Also Read how to check scom number
How to check the number of SIMs Registered
We will explain in detail to you how you can know about your active SIM that is issued against your CNIC number.
This is a step by step procedure so Let us discuss it.
There are two methods to check the number of SIMs Registered
- PTA 668 code Method
- PTA website Method
1. PTA 668 code Method
How to check sims on CNIC In this method simply you can send your CNIC code to 668. To check the number of SIMs registered against a specific mobile number you can send an SMS to 668
Type CNIC <space> Mobile Number”
send an SMS to 668
PTA will respond to you about the total number of SIMs registered against the provided mobile number.
You can send CNIC Namber on 668 Free of Cost
2. PTA website Method
Online check Sim number through CNIC This is the official website of the PTA. You can check the total number of SIMs registered against your CNIC
- enter your CNIC number
- Click on Submit button
- In the case of Foreign ID, click on Foreign ID
People can visit PTA’s official website.
What to do against unknown SIMs?
Sim ownership details If your sim is not on the name which you are using then you need to contact the Customer Service Centre of the telecom Company.
You have two options
- Block sim.
- Change sim ownership
1. Block sim
you can follow these steps to block a SIM:
- First of all, Call the customer service helpline number
- Inform the customer service representative that you want to block your SIM and tell them the reason for loss or theft.
- The customer service representatives ask you Necessary Information
- provide the following information:
- Your mobile number
- Your name
- Your National Identity Card (CNIC) number
2. How To Change Sim Ownership
If you want to change the ownership of a SIM card please follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest customer service center or franchise
- of the mobile operator whose SIM ownership you want to change.
- Ask for the SIM Transfer of Ownership Form, which is usually provided by the mobile operator.
- Fill out the SIM Transfer of Ownership Form with accurate and complete information.
- Provide Your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
- The mobile operator will verify the provided information and documents.
- In some cases, both the existing owner and the new owner may be required to visit the franchise for biometric verification.
- Once the ownership transfer is approved, the mobile operator will notify you, and the SIM card will be activated in the new owner’s name.
Check Mobilink SIM Verification Status
How to Check Mobilink Verification SIM Status?
How to check jazz number, Mobilink users can check their Sim verification status by sending their CNIC on this code 6001 you have to follow a few steps to check the verification status of your Mobilink SIM in Pakistan:
- Dial 6001 from your Mobilink SIM: This is the verification short code provided by Mobilink
- Enter your CNIC number Once you select the SIM verification status option
- After entering your CNIC number and follow the instructions provided on the screen to submit your request for verification status.
- you will receive a message on your mobile phone with the verification status of your Mobilink SIM.
Check Telenor SIM Verification Status
How to Check Telenor Verification SIM Status?
you can follow these steps to check the verification status of your Telenor SIM
- Firstly, open your mobile dialing pad and compose a new message
- and send a blank SMS to 7750.
- Wait for a few moments, and you will receive a message with the verification status of your Telenor SIM.
The message will indicate whether your SIM card is verified or not. If your SIM is verified, it means you have successfully completed the verification process. If it is not verified, you can visit the Telenor service center for further assistance. Telenor balance check code
Check Ufone SIM Verification Status
How to Check Ufone Verification SIM Status?
To check the verification status of Ufone SIM, you can follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s dialer
- Dial the USSD verification code *336#.
- Wait for a few moments, and you will receive a message with the verification status of your Ufone SIM.
The message will indicate whether your SIM card is verified or not. If your SIM card is verified, it means you have successfully completed the verification process. If it is not verified, you can visit a Ufone service center for further information. how to check ufone number
As per the rules and regulations, an individual can have a maximum of 5 SIMs registered against their identity Card. The purpose of this limit is to control and manage SIM cards, prevent misuse, and enhance security in the telecommunications sector. Pakistan“Telecommunication Authority (PTA) “s the regulatory body. It was established in 1996. PTA played an important role in the development of the telecommunications sector in Pakistan.
The PTA has the authority to block or remove unlawful online content.No doubt, The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority plays a crucial role in the development of the telecommunications sector in Pakistan.
It’s important to note that the SIM Information System (668) helps to verify the number of SIMs registered against their CNIC. It does not provide details about the ownership or specific details of the registered SIMs. If you need any sim information with number regarding unauthorized SIMs or any other issues. it is recommended to contact the PTA helpline for further help.
It’s recommended that you abide by the rules and regulations set by the PTA to avoid any legal complications.
If you wish to have more SIMs registered under your name, you may need to obtain additional CNICs to register the SIMs.